Flowers: PeoniesJuly 14, 2015 by The Marquardt Ranch
What’s that big, beautiful flower you’ve been scrolling past on Pinterest for last few years? You know the one: it’s perfectly round and usually bright pink in a sea of gorgeous greenery in a stunning bridal bouquet. You’ve admired it from far away for months and now it’s finally time to choose your wedding details. Obviously, Pinterest and this perfect pink flower is your first stop. However, if you’re looking for a quick guide to all things flowers, you’ve come to the right spot. Look no further than right here:
The Bridal Guide to Peonies
- Peonies bloom from late spring to early summer (April-June)
- The peony is the flower of riches and honor
- They promise good fortune and a happy marriage, along with romance and prosperity.
- Make sure the stems are cut long to support the large flower.
- Cut the peony when the bulbs are still tight
- Because of their size, less is more with peonies. Fill in the blank spots with more greenery or different flowers.
- If you’re having a trellis at your ceremony, bunch peonies together with foliage and tie arrangement to your trellis. Spread the bunches out to show off some of the trellis and save a few dollars.
- Use a small bunch of peonies as a cake topper
- Mix and match colors of peonies throughout your reception ceremonies.
- Craft your own peonies with tissue paper and place them at table settings or use them as groomsmen boutonnieres
The past few weeks have led us through a striking garden of favorite wedding flowers, from the old faithfuls to the new and trendy. As all wedding planning brides know, flowers are about more than just your bouquet. We’ve seen flowers incorporated in everything from reception decor to bridesmaid hairstyles. Whichever flowers you choose to accent your beautiful day, don’t forget to check back over the last few posts. Know the best seasons for your flowers and the best ways to care for them so they last long into the night! As always, our in house florist at the Marquardt Ranch would love to chat and create a dream look for your big day.
Tags: bouquet, flowers, peonies, peony, wedding, wedding flowers