Dress Shopping: Alteration Appointment TipsOctober 12, 2015 by The Marquardt Ranch
Once you say yes to the dress, you’ll still have a list of items to check off before you can slip into that beauty and walk down the aisle toward the love of your life. First up, before they let you walk out of the dress shop, your bridal stylists will probably begin scheduling your alteration appointments. For the next few months, you’ll just have to sit and wait until your dress comes in, but once it does, the party can really start!
Although the alteration process probably isn’t as fun as the shopping process, it is quite possibly more important. Each salon follows a different set of protocol regarding alteration appointments. In some cases, you may travel to your seamstress’s business, and in other cases, you may head back to the bridal salon for your fittings. No matter where your appointments take place, you’ll want to follow this set of tips for the most successful fitting possible!
Alteration Appointment Tips:
- Drink plenty of water and eat a good meal before going to your appointment. You never know how long it could take!
- Take photos at each appointment.
- Wear the appropriate undergarments–the same ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Bring your accessories to the fittings to ensure you have enough and that they match the feel of your dress.
- Wear your wedding shoes to every appointment.
- Be honest with your seamstress.
- Try both sitting and standing with your dress on.
- Walk with someone next to you as if they were your groom.
- Bring your Maid of Honor or a few bridesmaids to the final appointment where your seamstress will work on your bustle. Have your maids video the bustle process on their phones so they have something to refer to on your big day.
Your seamstress will be working hard to make your dream dress fit you like a dream. Stand your ground, but remember to be kind. Surely, your seamstress deals with bridezillas on a daily basis. Be remembered for your thankfulness and great attitude.
Take a deep breath before you walk into your appointment because nothing is the end of the world. There’s no need to freak out at your first appointment because you’ll have many more. Regardless, you’ll be walking down the aisle to your prince at the end of it all! Always keep that picture in your mind and everything else will seem like minor details!
Tags: alteration, alteration appointment, dress, dress shopping, tips, wedding dress