Chalkboard WeddingOctober 15, 2014 by Jennifer Speer
So what are your thoughts about the chalkboard wedding trend? To be honest, I didn’t even realize this was officially a trend until last weekend. I attended a Texas hill country wedding in a large barn and outdoor pavilion on a secluded ranch. Timing was absolutely perfect for this type of venue as the weather turned brisk and cool the morning of the big day. The bride used flowers, candles, and dried vines intertwined with hundreds of lights to add romance to the rustic appeal. The effect was lovely. But she also chose to weave a chalkboard theme throughout, from the invitation to the program to the food labels and even to the favors. Beginning at the entrance of the ranch to the actual ceremony location, she had placed large, chalkboard signs pointing the way (with cute graphics on each representing the couple themselves). The venue itself was full of quotes on love, some common and others personal, as well as excerpts from the bride and groom’s favorite romantic movies. As a guest myself, it was fun to read them all throughout the night. And with each new quote, I found myself feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. There’s just something about a wedding that makes us fall in love all over again, right?!
So if you’re thinking of using this trend in your wedding, here are a few unique and creative ways to include chalkboards around every corner.
1. Chalkboard Save-the-Dates and Invitations
2. Chalkboard Table Numbers (These can be ordered on Etsy or would make a great DIY project!)
3. Chalkboard Wedding Program Banner – Instead of a traditional ceremony program, display a large hanging one instead! This is a canvas banner that is custom-made for your event. By Events by ICandy.
4. Personal Chalkboard – Guests love to know the love story behind the couple tying the knot. Display yours with this custom chalkboard design by The Whole Shebang OKC. After the wedding, you can display in your home!
5. Bride and Groom Chair Signs
6. Chalkboard Photo Backdrops
7. Chalkboard Seating Chart
What other ways have you seen chalkboards used? There are so many fun ideas on Pinterest. Good luck narrowing down all the options!