2016 Wedding Trends: Metallic Color PalettesFebruary 8, 2016 by The Marquardt Ranch
New year, new style, new palette inspired by natural elements and reflective metallic colors.
The versatile colors of metal—from warm gold to brushed bronze to gleaming copper—are showing up everywhere in designs for 2016 weddings. You’ll find serving pieces atop glittering linens, bridesmaids sparkling beside the bride, and foils paired with invitations.
Only silver and platinum are waning away from this trend that’s being embraced as elegant, whimsical, and natural. With the popularity of warehouse, loft, and barn venues here to stay, incorporating these newly-popular industrial elements with a monochromatic scheme gives your wedding a seamless—and timeless—look.
Metallic touches make a black-tie event pop or an outdoor venue glow. Think about using these ideas to bring a blush of gold or a shimmer of copper into your wedding. As a bonus, these colors set off almost any other color you choose, and this year, brides are embracing the depths of blue and purple with all shades of periwinkle, remaining classic with navy, or adding a rose hue to anything gold.
Metallic Ideas: Wedding Attire
- Choose bridemaids’ dresses that sparkle.
- Stack bracelets and jewelry for a dramatic look.
- Wear shoes in a shiny metallic.
- Carry a sequin clutch.
- Consider a manicure that glitters.
- Give watches as groomsmen gifts.
Metallic Ideas: Food and Decor
- Accent your cake with metallic flourishes.
- Use serving pieces that complement your scheme.
- Embracing the cupcake trend? Choose foil wrappers.
- Add sparkly toppers to mini desserts.
- Drape tables or chair backs with shimmering fabrics.
- Think lanterns and candlesticks.
- Have your florist accent the bouquets and centerpieces with flowers that have been bronzed (or dipped any other color).
- Put your centerpieces in metal containers.
- Still love the mason jar look? Paint the jars to match your color scheme.
- Use copper mugs for coffee and tins for condiments.
- Pair accent plates with vintage table settings.
Metallic Ideas: Favors and Extras
- Glitter makes anything sparkle from place cards to champagne bottles.
- Make sparkly Mr. and Mrs. signs for chair backs.
- Copper escort tags are also a meaningful way for guests to remember the day.
So many ideas can be overwhelming, but with the beauty of the metallic palette—less is more, and your day will shine.